Sunday, October 17, 2010
The Best Things
Ugh.......... was my last post really 3 weeks ago? It's hard to keep up, what with everything that goes on around here. So, here goes the tragic story of the day. This morning we were awakened to say good-bye to our beloved Auntie Ginny and the rest of the Idaho-bound crew. I could not stop crying, despite my attempts not to. Why did she have to go? I asked myself. Why? We gathered on the stairs to say good-bye and remained there at least ten minutes after, crying about our loss. I somehow got through the rest of the day. But all the while, I kept thinking about Auntie Ginny, in the truck, in Idaho, saying Hi to the rest of her neices and nephews. I finally broke after we left our friends the Anderson's house when I realized that when we went home, there would be no Auntie Ginny doing laundry, reading her newest book, or watching her football game. I always hate the letdown I feel when a big event that I have planned for, or when the day is over and it's time to go to bed. Thinking about her doubled the pain and made it even worse. I've always said that I am more of a night person, but now that I think about it, the nighttime is when I feel the letdown or am feeling particulary sad. Why did this always happen to me? I always get so used to living life with a person that when they're not with me anymore I just don't think it will be remotely possible to recover and adjust. How could it be reality? As all these things were running through my mind, I suddenly remembered a sentence from my all- time favorite series, Percy Jackson and thought to put it on here. In it, Percy himself says , ' I am convinced that the worst things happen to the best people.' Meaning, his mother, whose parents had died in a plane crash when she was little and when she had married an abusive man. As I thought about that, I started to feel a little better. I still miss my Davis family like heck, though. And that doesn't mean I won't still miss massaging my Aunties and hearing their laughter, either. But it does mean that I can try to adjust to this change with the help of many e-mails , phone calls, letters, and Skype sessions. Hint, hint. Love you all the Aunties, Uncles, Grandmothers, Grandfathers, and Cousins out there in Idaho.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Line, you are something special, and I really, really mean that. Your writing sounds just like your Mom's; insightful, heartfelt and genuine. You are the real deal.
I sure want you to know how much the Idaho bunch misses you guys, too, and guess what? We are just not that far away. Love, Grandpa Davis
This is Auntie's Candy and Jackie and we super duper love you tons!!!
Got the hint! Lots of emails, calls, pictures, skyping, etc etc etc! Line, I truly cannot believe that this blog post was written by a 10 year old...you write beautifully. I hate being away from you - ALL OF YOU - but I cherish every single day I had with you. We'll remember it forever and we'll make lots of new memories too. Grandpa is right, we're not all that far away, I'll be seeing you soon! You are an incredible girl and I'm so proud of you, take excellent care of your mom and sisters for me. Love you to pieces!
Sweet Line,
I love that line from the book. You are one of the best! I'm so sorry you've had so much sadness in your short life. You are definitely being groomed to be an amazing woman, just like your mom!!
I'm sorry Auntie Ginny had to go home. We'll miss her too. What a wonderful aunt she is for coming to be with you girls. You have made some incredible memories together that most girls just don't get to have with their aunts. What a lucky girl you are! Cherish those memories on those days (and nights) when you're feeling blue. Also, remember that there are lots of us that are here for you when your Davis family isn't around that love you just like family too!! Love you lots Line!!
Line, your so amazing and such a strong beautiful young lady. I love you sweetie. I will miss Auntie Ginny too. I think EVERYONE in our house has a soft spot for her. We feel your pain. Love you Li.
Line, that was so insightful and I love your writing style! We enjoyed the time we were able to spend with you and we will do our best to take care of auntie ginny here in idaho. Love you!
Line, I'm with Aunty Ginny. I can't believe a 10 year old wrote this blogpost. You are an amazing writter, just like your mama. Anyways, just want you to know that I love you and I know I'm not as cool to hang out with as your Auntys, but I'm just 5 min away if you ever need me. I can even talk in a high pitched voice. jk. Love you babygirl.
-Uncle Jr.
Post a Comment