Friday, July 1, 2011

Family Reunion

Well, it's time to stop making excuses. Pools, trips, or dance don't have anything to do with my lazy blogging habits. It's just lazy me. So, I thought that I would blog about the family reunion.

We were able to have the miracle of burned CDs for this trip, no thanks to me. :) In fact, I almost ruined it by having a tussle with my sister Eli. I am lucky to be alive. Anyway, it was great to have some, since that was mostly what kept my Mom awake. We all love music at this house.

They had such great activities there for us, including a puppet show, where we got to make our very own puppets, a treasure hunt with fun prizes, running a 5K and decorating our own shirts, making memory rocks, having a talent show, and going out on the boat several times. ( Thank you so much, Grandmother,Grandfather and Uncle Matt for having so much patience!!!) I learned how to kneeboard pretty well, and Malia even got up on the wakeboard! I also did one of my most favorite activities on the boat ever, tubing. I am so glad that I didn't fall off, because when I do, I get scared for the rest of the summer, and that's no fun. :( Ironically, I lost a tooth on that boat, but not for the reason that you might think. I just pulled it out because it was really loose. I was going to let it stay because I thought that I was going to look weird, but I was about to go on a really wild ride, and I did not want to lose my tooth that way. Special shout out (Did I type that right?) to those who planned these delightful activities. Those were some memories that I will keep forever.

I loved getting to see the family that I don't live with. They were all so loving, kind, and patient. It was marvelous to get to learn all about them. I also loved getting to take care of the little cousins that were Ane's age and see their adorable little personalities. I enjoyed watching my cousin Paige, and just how much patience and optimism that she had for everyone. I really admire her. She truly is a terrific person, and I have never met a person my age with such amazing qualities. I marveled as I would watch my Uncle Russell do anything for his nieces and nephews, just because they asked him to. He would jump in the freezing cold lake a thousand times, just to amuse us. He was such a great example to me of true love for his family. Each and every member of my family taught me that.

I loved all the devotionals. Really, I did. They provided a good way to learn about the gospel, and I still had fun. I also enjoyed the testimony meeting, because I am still developing a testimony myself. It was really awesome to hear everyone's life experiences and how much they loved their families and Heavenly Father. I can only hope that I can turn out as amazing as they have, someday.

I loved the time that I spent in Idaho. Thank you, Aunt Candy and Aunt Cassie, for planning such a fun trip. Another huge thank you to all the adults, for helping me have such a great week. I love all of you. If only I had another week of that, I would be in paradise. It makes me so excited for the Grandparent Retreat.

So, HA! I did it! I finally did a long post! I'll leave the pictures for next time. I'm not that far yet, people.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh! Line you are so sweet!!! I love reading all of your posts because they show your personality and your kindness! I am so sad that I didnt see you, Addie, and Malia kneeboard/ wakeboard:( I am looking forward to learning how at the grandparent retreat! Thank you so much for posting!!;-)
Love You- Paige

dad said...

What awesome grand daughters I have. You are truly grand!!! Thank you so much for doing your part to make the reunion such a great place to be. See you soon!!
Grandpa D.

The Shavers said...

I love hearing your take on the reunion! And thank you so much for all of your help with my kids, you are such a great example to them. Love you!

Anonymous said...

My lovely Line - you are an astounding author for someone your age, I love reading what you write! I love it because you say it so well but I also love it because I get to know what you think and feel. What an amazing person you are to see all of the thought and planning that your family put into the reunion and they did it because they love you all so much! Keep blogging, it's so fun for all of us to read. I get to see you later today, you're HERE!! xoxoxo Auntie Ginny