Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Sisters

I know it's been lengthy since I last did anything with this blog, and I'll be truthful, I was ready to feed this blog to the wolves until I started reading my mom's old blog, and I just had the best feeling reading it and seeing things from her perspective. I had a guilty feeling reading all the comments saying that it was so great hearing from us since so many of you are so far away, and so I decided to at least try to keep up with you world-class bloggers in my family out there.

This time, I just wanted to give a shout-out to my sisters, who love me so much. Every time that I choose to sit by one of them, or play a simple game like Red Rover, they'll shout, "Yay, Line!", and it just tears at my heart. (At least, most of them do) and it just touches me that they still reach out to me, the steaming, stressed out older sister that sometimes blows her top when there's just too much touching or yelling. Kids are amazing that way, because it seems that no matter what happens, or how hard a day you've had, they are there to boost you back up again.(Luckily for them, it compensates for all the times that they just tick you off) I'd also like to say just how amazing that my mom is. Even though there are all those pictures on her blog that show how messy everything is, it will never show all of the things that she's doing instead of cleaning, like spending time with us, or taking extra time to ensure that we feel her love.






And then, of course, they continue to 'brighten' my life with what my mom calls 'Maileisms.'





Enjoy your familyisms this week, love you all!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Yea, I'm so glad you are blogging! What a great post, too. You are so amazing, Line. You are right. You are so blessed to have sisters. And they are so blessed to have you!

Love you so much!

Grandpa Davis said...

Line, your writing is very good, worth waiting for, too. Your insights are, well...insightful, especially for one so young. Please write more often because I love reading it. By the way, the grandparent retreat will be here before you know it.

Grandpa Davis