Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Trip

You've been waiting for this all week, and now I give to you..... my wonderful description of the trip! Now, if you've read my mom's previous blog, you will know how this will work. If you haven't... that's okay, 'cause I'm gonna explain now. I'm gonna do this whole trip post day by day, just so it won't be a really long post. All right! It was a very exciting Sunday, after a hard-to-sit-still conference session (the last one) we started to pack immediately. It took all the way until the time auntie ginny got home. ( Which was around 9:30 or so) We were looking for our neck pillows, which we never actually found. Hmm...... Anyway, we did find my special blankie, which my grandma maile made for me when I was a baby. Backstory, the last time I had seen it had been the day I had gotten the news dad had died, then it had been stored away, and I hadn't seen it since then. It was a joyful reunion. Then, sadly, we two big girls had to go to bed, and oh, it was hard. I didn't go to sleep until about... hmm.... I'm guessing around 10:30. I then woke up at about 3:53, and kept trying to make myself go to bed until mom came in at 4:00, our wake-up call. To Be Continued......

5 comments:

Abby said...

Guess what, Line? Guess what I found today? Neck pillows! Well, I actually only found 2 out of the 4, but it's a good start, right? Can't wait to hear your point of view on the next day...our travel day. Love you!

Cyndi said...

The night before vacation is the hardest. You're always too excited to sleep but at the same time wishing you would so you can enjoy the next day! I can't wait to hear more about your fun trip.
I'm glad you found your special blankie. I still have one I got from my aunt as a baby! They are the best!

Anonymous said...

a "joyful reunion" with a blanket!! Oh, Line...you are a gifted writer...keep it up! Love, grandmother

PS...where were the neck pillows...I fear I may have had something to do with both disappearances...oops! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Line! I hope you had a great one. Sorry I didn't get to spend too much time with you today, but I hope you liked the treats Aunty Mona brought to school. I love you so much girly.

Uncle Jr.

dad said...

Loved having you in Idaho, dear. And...love reading your blog!!
Grandpa Davis