Sunday, February 13, 2011

Big Feet, Big Shoes to Fill

Today we stayed home due to sickness, so we had church at home. I was responsible for the sharing time, and mom gave me a good idea that since we were studying charity that month, that I should use Dad's shoes to show how he was charitable in those shoes. So, I chose his worn-out BYU slippers,his gray sneakers, his cleats, and his church shoes. Everyone laughed at the sight of me in those shoes, but they had a good time trying to beat each other to the answer of how he was charitable, such as not being puffed up, or seeketh not his own. (These verses are in Moroni 7:45-47) Here is what I said for each shoe.

Slippers-When mom had just had a baby, dad would help us in the morning in his slippers. (Kind)

Church Shoes-Dad would always teach us important things such as being reverant and respecting people in his church shoes on Sunday. (Rejoiceth in the truth)

Cleats- Dad was always teaching us how to play sports patiently and giving us advice in his cleats. (Not easily provoked)

Sneakers- Even when he was tired, he got up and went to work for us in his sneakers.(Seeketh not her own)









Although in these pictures his shoes are way too big for me, it just goes to show that if we want to be like him charity-wise, we have big shoes to fill.

5 comments:

Cyndi said...

That sounds like a wonderful lesson!! Your dad is so great and filled all of his shoes perfectly. You, Line, have been born of goodly parents, and they have already taught you such good things...it won't be long until you do fill those shoes yourself!!

Jackie said...

Line, I love you! You are so sweet. I LOVE seeing you in your dad's shoes. You are so right. They are big shoes to fill, but I have no doubt that you will do it! You are amazing!!

dad said...

I can't believe how fast you are growing up!! Your dad is so proud of you, I know. Also, can you believe that the retreat is just around the corner? You and your cousins are in for a big time this year and I can't wait for it.

Grandpa D.

Ane said...

Malo e Lelei Line,

That is the cutest lesson idea ever! My daughters and niece love your cute blog. They have you linked up, here is theirs if you want to check it out!


http://korielasdelights.blogspot.com/

Gin said...

Line what an awesome idea!! And every one of them was so right... Not to mention you look adorable in every picture! Love you,

Auntie Ginny